MARK RUFFALO - DIRECTOR: SYMPATHY FOR DELICIOUS
"Joan helped me find the tools I needed to Direct my first feature with confidence and joy."
WHAT IS IT?
- Block beautifully, fast and on the fly
- Work organically in coherence with your vision and your actor’s choices
- Stage the spiritual essence of the story
WHAT DOES IT COVER?
Day 1: SCENE BREAKDOWN
- Deepen your ability to work with Action and Beats
- Clarify the active/emotional map of your scene
- Define the unique movement pattern and rhythm for the scene
Day 2: ACTION AND INTERPRETATION
- Play in the action gym and find playable actions that really work!
- Discover the link between Action and Blocking.
- Learn how to block on the Beats to give your scene coherence and Rhythm
Day 3: BLOCKING ON THE BEATS
- Block on the Beats
- Create rhythm and pace
- Viscerally stage the soul of the scene
- Apply these same principals to the camera blocking
Day 4: ONLINE Q&A
- Recap all the new tools the Lab has delivered!
- Ground as a group: both Live and Live Online students have a chance to meet in the Zoom Room!
- Ask Joan your burning questions!
Whether you are Directing, Writing, Acting, or Producing, The Technique™ is essential in taking your career to the next level! The Lab Series is designed for Film, Episodic, Commercial, and all content creators. It may be attended individually …or by the entire team.
- Brand Directors
- Any creatives are interested in Story!
Please see See Films, Community and Quotes for Artists Joan has worked with and their thoughts.
WHEN / WHERE?
LIVE IN-PERSON AND ONLINE: *FOR THE 1st TIME IN 3 YEARS!
FRI 07/08 7:00PM - 10:00PM PT
SAT 07/09 1:00PM - 7:00PM PT
SUN 07/10 1:00PM - 7:00PM PT
MON 07/11 7:00PM - 9:00PM PT - ONLINE Q&A!
Join Joan in-person for a hands-on experience in Los Angeles (Limited class size), or join the Live Lab via Zoom and participate remotely from all over the world. Online participants have the opportunity to see Joan demonstrate the embodied work with in-person students.
NEW* ONLINE SELF GUIDED
Anytime Self-Guided Online via Thinkific! For the first time ever, this course can be taken online at your own pace, for details check out the SELF-GUIDED!
Live Hands On class size is limited. Apply Today!
Call us at (323) 803-5039 or email email@example.com