Niki Caro - Director: MULAN (academy award nominated), writer/director: WHALE RIDER (academy award nominated)
"Joan has a deep understanding of the architecture of story, and is as rigorous with structure as she is with character. Working with her is thrilling and I cannot recommend it highly enough."
WHAT IS IT?
LIVE: Writing Lab
The Writing Lab is a week-long course that gives you 5 ninety minute guided writing sessions with Joan. Get deep into the core of your story, the complexity of your characters and the clarity of your structure. Push forward into new understandings of your craft, your stories and your self.
- Take it Live in the mornings, or do it self guided as your schedule allows.
- All writing, All the time. Camera OFF, inner life ON. This class is designed for the ears to the soul to the page (no physical exercises).
- Class will start with a short meditation to center, ground, and visualize the story aspect we will focus on each day.
- Meditation is followed by a lengthy guided writing with Joan’s prompts.
- Most of the class time will be spent delving into your material through written exercises.
- Each day brings new tools, exercises, and guided writings to drive you to the page.
- Class is designed to allow you to flow into your writing day, so if you can carve out extra time after the class formally ends, DO.
- Until now, the guided writing tools were available only in private sessions. For the first time ever we're thrilled to offer this curriculum to YOU! These are the same writing tools used to develop Academy Award Nominated Whale Rider, Academy Award Winning Beginners, Emmy Award Winning Transparent and many more.
Now it’s your turn. Go deep, go inward, and come out with New Stories for New Times! Worlds change worlds!
The Writing Labs are designed for Film, Episodic, Commercial and all content creators. It may be attended individually by the Writer, Director or Producer...or by the entire Team.
Application deadline: N/A
Joan Scheckel, creator of The Technique™, teaches you LIVE online and the MEDIA is available for participants to do at their leisure online.
The focused attention from Joan online is as powerful as you'd experience in the rooms!
Class size is limited. Apply now.
For application call us at (323) 803-5039 or Email us.