JEFFREY BLITZ - WRITER/DIRECTOR: ROCKET SCIENCE, SPELLBOUND
"Working with Joan in the weeks leading up to production on Rocket Science proved to be time very well spent. It was a terrifically fertile period for me where--encouraged by Joan's insight into performance, by her vivid and subtle sense of the emotional through-line of the story and by her keen editor's sense of narrative--I was able to connect more deeply with my own material and formulate a new and sharper focus. Plus, at a moment when many filmmakers feel pure anxiety, Joan's approach was so engaging and so full of humor and joy and fearlessness that it set a welcome tone for our work that my actors and I maintained through the end."
WHAT IS IT?
- Block beautifully, fast and on the fly
- Work organically in coherence with your vision and your actor’s choices
- Stage the spiritual essence of the story
WHAT DOES IT COVER?
Day 1: SCENE BREAKDOWN
- Deepen your ability to work with Action and Beats
- Clarify the active/emotional map of your scene
- Define the unique movement pattern and rhythm for the scene
Day 2: ACTION AND INTERPRETATION
- Play in the action gym and find playable actions that really work!
- Discover the link between Action and Blocking.
- Learn how to block on the Beats to give your scene coherence and Rhythm
Day 3: BLOCKING ON THE BEATS
- Block on the Beats
- Create rhythm and pace
- Viscerally stage the soul of the scene
- Apply these same principals to the camera blocking
The Blocking Lab is designed for Film, Episodic, Commercial and all content creators. It may be attended individually by the Writer, Director or Producer...or by the entire Film Team.
LOS ANGELES: FRI 07/13 - SUN 07/15/2018
Los Angeles Theatre Center
514 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Rehearsal Room 5C - Fifth Floor
Maplink: Click here.
LOS ANGELES: WED JULY 11, 2018
For application call us at (323) 803-5039 or Email us.