Mike Mills - Writer/Director: 20th century Women, BEginners, Thumbsucker, Does Your Soul Have a Cold?
“It's hard to find someone who reads a script as deeply as Joan, and who researches a text with as many different tools: lots of emotions, running around a room, a broad knowledge of the history of stories, obscure classical music, perhaps a little psychic something, and on and on. Then, like a doula, it would be hard to find someone as sensitive and nurturing to the difficult process of having all these feelings, articulating them in a way others can relate to, even when you can't, even when it's beyond your present skill set...the questions and the wrestling bring me to a much richer understanding of what I'm trying to do."
WHAT IS IT?
- Connect to the authentic, emotional core of your work
- Learn what Feeling is and how to practically access it with truth and immediacy
- Apply Feeling to character, action and journey to create unforgettable stories and performances!
WHAT DOES IT COVER?
Day 1: THE FOUR ESSENTIALS OF STORY AND PERFORMANCE
Use this clarity to:
- Connect to the Emotional Core of your Story
- Investigate your Character’s Nature and Backstory
- Define the World of your Story
- Explore the Tone of your work
- Create a Crib Sheet that brings coherence to your approach
Day 2: FEELING, MUSIC AND RHYTHM
- Embody the Feelings central to your screenplay, episodic, or character
- Translate Feeling into movement, painting, music and rhythm
- Fearlessly embody the Inner Life of your story or character
Day 3: CHARACTER, JOURNEY AND WORLD
- Deepen your understanding of your script structure and performance
- Connect to feeling as a source of rhythm, blocking, pacing and interpretation
- Define and visualize the world of your project in practical terms
- Unleash your creativity and play your way to emotional truth
The Feeling Lab is designed for Film, Episodic, Commercial and all content creators. It may be attended individually by the Writer, Director or Producer...or by the entire Team.
IN-PERSON: JAN 28 - 30, 2022
FRI 01/28 7pm - 10pm PT
SAT 01/29 12pm - 6pm PT
SUN 01/30 12pm - 6pm PT
In-person Lab - Covid permitting!
Class size is limited. Apply now.
Application deadline: WED 01/26/22
For application call us at (323) 803-5039 or Email us.