Mike Mills - Writer/Director: 20th century Women, BEginners, Thumbsucker, Does Your Soul Have a Cold?
“It's hard to find someone who reads a script as deeply as Joan, and who researches a text with as many different tools: lots of emotions, running around a room, a broad knowledge of the history of stories, obscure classical music, perhaps a little psychic something, and on and on. Then, like a doula, it would be hard to find someone as sensitive and nurturing to the difficult process of having all these feelings, articulating them in a way others can relate to, even when you can't, even when it's beyond your present skill set...the questions and the wrestling bring me to a much richer understanding of what I'm trying to do."
WHAT IS IT?
- Connect to the authentic, emotional core of your work
- Learn what Feeling is and how to practically access it with truth and immediacy
- Apply Feeling to character, action and journey to create unforgettable stories and performances!
WHAT DOES IT COVER?
Day 1: ESSENTIALS
- Investigate the core of your characters
- Define the world and tone of your work
- Create a Crib Sheet that brings coherence to your approach
Day 2: FEELING
- Bring through the Feelings central to your screenplay,episodic, or character
- Translate Feeling into movement, painting, music and rhythm
- Fearlessly embody the Inner Life of your story or character
Day 3: CHARACTER JOURNEY
- Deepen your understanding of your script structure and performance
- Connect to feeling as a source of rhythm, blocking pacing and interpretation
- Unleash your creativity and play your way to emotional truth
The Feeling Lab is designed for Film, Episodic, Commercial and all content creators. It may be attended individually by the Writer, Director or Producer...or by the entire Film Team.
LOS ANGELES: Coming Soon!
Los Angeles Theatre Center
514 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Rehearsal Room 5C - Fifth Floor
Maplink: Click here.
LOS ANGELES: Coming soon!
For application call us at (323) 803-5039 or Email us.